The at the Cryptography and Privacy Engineering Group (ENCRYPTO) of the Department of Computer Science offers a full position as postdoctoral researcher in cryptography and privacy engineering for the initial duration of up to 2.5 years. Technical University of Darmstadt
What we do
Our mission is to demonstrate that privacy can be efficiently protected in real-world applications. For this, we bring theory into practice by using methods from applied cryptography and algorithm engineering for developing protocols, tools, and software prototypes to efficiently protect sensitive data in various applications.
We provide an open and international working environment for excellent research in a sociable team. TU Darmstadt is a top research university for and IT security and cryptography in Europe. computer science in Germany
The position is based in the “City of Science” Darmstadt, which is very international and livable, and well-connected in the Rhine-Main area around Frankfurt. Initially, no knowledge of German is necessary, and TU Darmstadt offers a and corresponding language courses. Welcome Center
What this job is about
As a postdoctoral researcher at ENCRYPTO, you do research, build prototype implementations, and publish and present the results at top conferences and journals. You are involved in project management and co-advise doctoral researchers. You participate in our teaching activities and supervise thesis students as well as student research assistants.
The full position is co-funded by the ERC Starting Grant “Privacy-preserving Services on the Internet” (PSOTI). In PSOTI, we will build privacy-preserving services on the Internet, which includes designing protocols for privately processing data among untrusted service providers using secure multi-party computation and implementing a scalable framework.
- Completed PhD degree (or equivalent) from a top university in IT security, computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- Publications at top venues (CORE Rank A*/A) for IT security / applied cryptography (such as S&P, CCS, NDSS, USENIX SEC, EUROCRYPT), ideally on cryptographic protocols and secure computation, are required.
- Experience in software development, project management, and supervising students is needed.
- You are self-motivated, reliable, creative, can work in a team, and want to do excellent research on challenging scientific problems with practical relevance.
- As the working language of the ENCRYPTO Group is English, you must be able to discuss/write/present scientific results in English, whereas German is not required for this position.
Your application must consist of a single PDF including
- a letter of motivation (why are you interested and qualify for this position?),
- a current curriculum vitae with publications and CORE rankings,
- certificates (PhD, M.Sc., B.Sc., high-school diploma) with detailed transcripts of records and grades, and
- two letters of recommendation (or two references).
Start date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: none.
TU Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the TU Darmstadt (100% E14 TV-TU Darmstadt).